Analytics URL Builder
Use our Google Analytics URL builder to parameterize your URL, allowing you to optimize your tracking in Google Analytics. When you run campaigns on external sites, it’s in your interest to find out which banners are working. I.g. You might have a banner at the top, a banner at the bottom and a banner to the left or right on any given page. You won’t be able to see which of the banner users are clicking on – unless you use an URL builder.
URL builder is that simple:
1. URL: Fill in you URL
2. Campaign Source = fill in the site from which you banner is being distributed.
3. Campaign Medium = Where on the page is the banner located – “top banner”, “banner on the right.”
4. Campaign Name = The name of your campaign – “Safe 20% - week 42 2016.”
5. Copy the resulting URL and send it to the webmaster of the page you advertising from.
6. If set up correctly you’ll now be able to see the results in Analytics (Acquisition – All traffic – Source/medium)